The Peoples Design Lab is a hub for the public, to support the community to have their voices and concerns heard on badly designed products and engage in redesign. A space online and on the ground, accessible to the hacker, the fixer, the campaigner, the housewife or man… everybody really to channel and turn experiences and frustration at badly designed products for the environment (and us), into constructive, creative actions.
To make a real difference, The People’s Design Lab needs people like you to join us in:
- Identifying and nominating products that need redesigned in our Peoples Design Redesign cycle.
- Reviewing the nominations and voting for the worst offenders
- Engaging further in voting for the final top products to redesign
- Taking part in redesign opportunities online or on the ground designing out waste
- Have your voice and ideas heard in constructive conversations with a cross-section of stakeholders, experts, manufacturers.
- Supporting redesign routes - physical, campaigns, further research, policy
- Recognising and celebrating the positive changes implemented that support a move towards zero waste a circular economy and better use of resources.
We also know that it isn’t always easy to get waste out of products, so we’re also celebrating those designs that do, inviting you to nominate for the Best Zero Waste designs and welcome you to join the Good Design Debate.
Creating a movement of not just complaints but positive action, connecting back to the designing and questioning the need for the product in the first place.
Interested to find out more, advice, funding….we’d love to hear from you!