We’re just counting up the votes and will announce our Award winners early next week. In the running from the 136 products nominated, the finalists with the highest votes were:
- The Weakest Link Award for stuff you thought would last a long time, but ended up in your bin – kettles, headphones and inkjet printers;
- The Bin Again Award for products that you throw away time and again – pump dispensers, multi-layer envelopes and black plastic packaging;
- The Russian Doll Award for Unnecessary Packaging – dead space packaging, excess hard plastic packaging and polystyrene packaging on food.
- The Anything Else that Needs a Redesign Award – electronic chargers, multiple train tickets and unrepairable shoe soles; and to celebrate good design.
- The Best Zero Waste Design Award – reusable carpet tiles, open source designs for resuse and eco-laundry products.
We’ll be redesigning the Award winners over the summer – you don’t need to be a designer to be able to contribute – you just need to care about waste. We have workshops running on 9th July at Cranfield University , 13th August at Loughborough and our conference on 12th September at Coventry. Or you’ll be able to join in on-line when we open the forums next week.